I've been to paradise but I've never been to me!?! Bali Part 1

Bali is described by many as a paradise. I saw little of that last night as I drove from the airport to my hotel in torrential rain past endless neon signs offering me everything from massagaes, burgers, go go boys and currency exchanges.  My hotel had kept reception open late to let me check in late and that was lovely, they greeted me from my taxi (paid for by them) with a huge umbrella, check in took 5 minutes and they showed me my huge lovely room which opens up to the pool, paradise indeed.  










I slept like a baby and no real sign of jetlag (I slept a lot on my two flights getting here) and had a huge breakfast on the terrace (again by the pool) and then headed to the beach. Now Seminyak beach is raved about and sadly it sure seems popular with plastic bags and other bits of rubbish and the hawkers selling everything from sarongs to foot massages.  I topped up my tan as I watched a group of 5 Dutch boys take surfing lessons, they were hilarious and I may have to try that before the end of my holdiay, and yes I mean surfing lessons not Dutch boys!  



I upgraded to Business class on Emirates (It is offered cheap when you check-in) on my way here, not cheap but not crazy (the business class section was only 1/3 full) and it was amazing, I slept, the food and wine were amazing and the crew were lovely, even in economy Emirate are great, good food, great service and as the plane was only 1/3 full to Bali I had 3 seats to myself! Lovely.

More soon

Sampai jumpa lagi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been a long long time - Boston and New York 2022

Goodbye Cooperative Bank, it was nice knowing you

Funerals and birthdays - June 2024