Examination time

This week I sat an exam for the first time since 2004.  The exam itself was as I expected, difficult but not too testing but the experience was interesting, especially the planning of it, the allowing of late students to enter the exam room and the complete lack of buzz you normally feel before and after an exam. One of the better parts of exams at school was the joint experience with your friends before and after, the drinks in the pub after our A levels etc. This was very corporate, no interaction with my fellow students and no support or guidance from the institute. The #ICSA qualification is a good one but ICSA seem to be about money rather than a holistic approach to education and learning.  I didn't enjoy it despite enjoying the subject matter. I will have to think long and hard about continuing with this course at this institute as it doesn't feel like value for money.  My friends laughed at my exam routine, a routine I've had since my O levels. I take in about 3 of these Pentel rollerball pens and a chewing gum and I used to take in a photo of my grandparents (but I don't have that photo anymore). It worked for me, we all have our ticks to calm us. The exam was 3hours 15 minutes and I was done in 2. Not sure if that is a good sign.  I shan't worry.
The week was eventful in another way too.  I broke my lovely brand new HP laptop on Monday and it is going to cost me over £150 to repair. The accident was something out of a comedy movie.  I was having my morning coffee on Monday and my ceramic coaster stuck to the bottom of my cup and as I stood up to take it to the sink, it fell of directly onto my computer screen, shattering it, two days before my exam.  It is now in the repair shop and I pray to god my insurance company allow me to claim (insurance companies beg for your business then rarely pay out).


Me this week


Now November is coming to an end the Christmas frenzy has begun though in my work neighbourhood it began weeks ago with Christmas lights and Christmas menus and shop windows decorated for Christmas, by the actual Christmas I'll be so over it!!  My new favourite emoji , Unicorn poo.




Unicorn poo


November 30th, 2018



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been a long long time - Boston and New York 2022

Goodbye Cooperative Bank, it was nice knowing you

Funerals and birthdays - June 2024