Peering over the cliff's edge....

Part 1: It can happen to anyone, one minute we are riding the carousel, laughing, our faces sticky with candy floss and the next minute the sky has darkened and we are peering over the cliff's edge. The seaside can be fun and dangerous. This is not my story, it may not be anyone's story but it is a story all the same. The sound of the carousel has faded into the background and now all I can hear is the sea as it washes the pebbles on the beach below me. I am now peering over the cliff's edge into the abyss and the sirens are calling me. I snap out of it of course, I usually do, but not everyone does. Remember that. Not everyone's day at the seaside is all candy floss and carousels. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been a long long time - Boston and New York 2022

Goodbye Cooperative Bank, it was nice knowing you

Funerals and birthdays - June 2024