Am I middle aged yet?

I'm trying to find a definition of 'middle-age' that best suits me.  

According to wikipedia it is a noun meaning 'the period after early adulthood and before old age, about 45 to 65' So as I am 24 hours away from being 46 I definitely fall into the meaning of the noun, if not the spirit, but I refuse to admit it! As I enjoy my last day being 45 I will be doing two things, staying in a nice 4 star hotel as my birthday gift to myself, that is very middle-aged of me and I will be going out in Soho with a group of friends in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s (and this article seems very relevant today)




A badge from a birthday card received last year from my friend Roger


I love being contrary and as a middle-aged man I am allowed to be. And I've chose this song as my theme song for the weekend, a song released in 2009 by one of my favourite groups, The Pet Shop Boys, a group I've liked since I was 15 after my best friend, Allison, introduced me to their album 'Disco'





Let the fun begin!

November 7, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been a long long time - Boston and New York 2022

Goodbye Cooperative Bank, it was nice knowing you

Funerals and birthdays - June 2024