Goodbye to 2014 - Part 2

Today is referred to as "panic Saturday" the last Saturday before Christmas when people do there last minute shopping for gifts and for things that will probably end up in the bin by next Saturday.  The British shopper is keeping the UK economy afloat but I wonder how much of that money is spent on credit cards and on UK made things. We are probably doing more to help the Banks and the Chinese than we are our own country!? I am avoiding the shopping areas of London today and for the next 2 weeks, I don't want to be trampled to death by crazy idiots wanting a reduced wide-screen television in John Lewis. I did the last of my shopping yesterday, I managed to spend £130 in less than 2 hours, a record for me but I used to be a shopaholic and had a lot of pent up buying to do. I found out yesterday that I was going to be in work in January and reasonably paid as well, my salary in January will be 62% higher than it was in November, a huge leap and I had almost given up hope. I've applied for a job almost every day since September, had 6 final interviews and was thinking January was going to be very bleak, made all the worse after having what should be a lovely Christmas spent with family and friends. Hopefully January will not be that grim for me or anyone I know!

I've had a fun week of catching up with friends and entering and coming 3rd in a pub quiz which involved 1 friend and 2 very drunk people who didn't know much general knowledge, 3rd was ok, but next time we have to win! Tomorrow I finally head North for 8 day of family excess, food, laughter, arguments, tantrum and more laughs so here are some more of my favourite 2014 songs.






Taylor Swift  - Shake it off (probably my favourite song of 2014)





Jessie J/Ariana Grande   - Boom Boom (probably my 2nd  favourite song of 2014)





Marco Mengoni - Guerriero (My favourite Italian song of 2014)



Emma - L'amore non mi basta (my 2nd favourite Italian song of  2014)






George Ezra   - Budapest (great song and my first holiday destination of 2015)









Christine and The Queens  - Saint Claude  (a great French song introduced to me by The Guardian)



Edith Piaf - La Foule (reminds me of June and July at the beach in Sitges)



As a footnote I decided to include myblog stats for 2014



United Kingdom
1117
United States
949
Spain
275
Vietnam
140
Germany
122
Russia
113
France
52
Canada
33
Netherlands
33
Romania
19


An interesting mix as I don't know anyone in Russia and only know 1 person in The Netherlands and 1 person in Romania


December 20, 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been a long long time - Boston and New York 2022

Goodbye Cooperative Bank, it was nice knowing you

Funerals and birthdays - June 2024