Goodbye 2014 - Part 1

It is almost time to say goodbye to 2014 and looking back it won't be a year I will remember well, it certainly had good times in it, I will remember the good times in Barcelona will fondness and my trip to Sicily was great but the bad things about the year will hopefully fade away into nothing. I lost an uncle in August to cancer, not an uncle I was close to but as he was my Dad's older brother it had an impact on us all and when my Dad is down and sad, we feel it. It was hopefully the year that I learnt that dating people more than 10 years younger than me is a mistake, I fell headlong into a short but interesting relationship with 29 year old (Jose) who claimed we had communication problems, he dumped me on Facebook so taking lessons in communication from that idiot is not something I will be doing and I need to remember that my beer goggles are very powerful, they make me ignore all negatives until it is too late. I had fun but the post fun emotional hangover was something I didn't need and didn't handle too well as I was so far from home and my support network. I did learn (though I already knew it) that I am a romantic at heart and want romance and communication isn't a problem for me, I came out of the womb answering my mam back!

So now, mid December 2014 I am back where I started in June 2013, temporarily living in the same apartment, and just interviewed for my old job and teaching English to one of my students who started with me in 2012. I've gone round in circles perhaps but hopefully will only carry the good things from 2014 into 2015 with me, visit some new places (Budapest in January) and catch up with old, far-flung, friends who I miss.

I am going to post here some of my most memorable songs from 2014 and there will be many as I love pop music.


Song 1 - Bewitched - Love and Money (a great comeback single)


Song 2 - Celine Dion - Loved me back to life (Jose's favourite song when I was dating him)



Song 3-  Marisol - Estando Contigo (my Spanish song of the summer, makes me smile)




Song 4 - Giorgia and Alicia Keys Preghero (A song I heard in Catania when driving on Mt Etna)




Song 5 - Sanna Nielson - Undo (my favourite 2014 Eurovision song) 

December 17, 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been a long long time - Boston and New York 2022

Goodbye Cooperative Bank, it was nice knowing you

Funerals and birthdays - June 2024