Of all the joints in all the world, you had to smoke mine .....

It is August and it is raining and reminds me of Winter and this is the English summer in action. Yesterday was 32c and sunny and I have the farmers tan to prove it. My arms and lower legs are reddish brown and my upper arms and chest are as white as they day I arrived on earth (that makes me sound like some alien visitor when I should have just said "born")

As I sit here waiting for one of my Spanish students, Davinia, I am reading her account of a Spanish novel, El Tiempo Entre Costuras, and it makes me want to travel so much. 

I was feeling all sentimental today. I arrived back in England 1 year ago this week and that first week was an interesting week of good and bad.  My dad's brother, uncle John died after a long battle with lung cancer but I was lucky enough to see him a few days before he died and have the usual, uncle taking the piss out of a nephew, conversations. That week I also spent some quality time with my parents, my sisters and my nieces and nephews which is always a good thing and it re-charged my batteries for the battles that lay ahead in London. So now after 1 year (51 weeks) of being back in London, after 8 interviews, endless job applications and the occasional crappy temp job I was offered the permanent role and  I've been doing for the past 7 weeks.  It was actually a job I really wanted and had to jump through bureaucratic hoops to get. References, security clearance, etc. I am sure they wanted to know how many freckles I had on my inner thigh and how many times I had said the word "poo" (that is a joke) but they are thorough and hopefully I'll sign my contract in a few weeks then lose the job when the Home Office re-organizes the place, such is life!

But for now, I am happy, I am looking forward to the 2nd wedding of the summer, the wedding of one of my closest and best friends, Kirsty, to her lovely fiancee Lee. I am preparing a mix tape CD for them which has been fun especially as Kirsty has some of the same "taste" as me hence the tape includes this:



RIP Cilla!

It should be a fun wedding with a lovely mix of people, many of them stranger to each other, I have been given the task of mixing them all up.  Let the games begin!

And below are some pictures taken yesterday in the lovely warm sunny weather in central London. I won't post any photos of today as everyone knows what London looks like in the rain!


London August 22, warm and sunny!

St Paul's always looking magnificent.
Of all the joints in all the world, you had to smoke mine .....

August 23, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been a long long time - Boston and New York 2022

Goodbye Cooperative Bank, it was nice knowing you

Funerals and birthdays - June 2024