Even better than the real thing?

I am listening to a song titled "Even better than the real thing" and I am not understanding it at all. What can ever be better than the real thing? I thought about it some more as I drank a very strong cup of coffee and thought about the amount of fake we allow in our lives. We shouldn't. 

This blog post really is a train of thought that has missed its stop or has left the station without a driver. I came back to England 12 weeks ago and feel settled here thought the London daily commute is not good for me and my stress levels, there is nothing quite like an elbow in your rib cage at 730am or being crushed against someone with evil breath for 20 minutes but these are the things we do to earn our living and I am hardly in a position to complain when this is what I wanted to do (be back in London) and I am not some poor kid in Africa who walks miles for a drink of water etc but this is what us comfortable people in the west do, we complain about the tiniest, trivial things as if those things were necessities, they are not!  To deal with my commute I listen to my favourite happy tunes and smile, laugh at the silly arguments people have when getting on the train and just hope the train won't be a few minutes late because being 2 minutes late for work is a disaster according to some people in my office. The same people who spend the day doing online shopping and insulting everyone thinking no one can hear them. So when people complain about their commute we should laugh, when people complain that the line in Waitrose is not moving fast enough, ignore them. Think about real problems, real issues and try and spend less of our lives thinking in trivialities. I am probably having one of my philosophical moments as my 45th birthday approaches (my mid life crisis has last since I was 40). Let this song be your theme song for the weekend!





Clear the air with old friends, worry yourself with the people who love you and need you and want to be with you and ditch the rest. 

October 25th, 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been a long long time - Boston and New York 2022

Goodbye Cooperative Bank, it was nice knowing you

Funerals and birthdays - June 2024