Nude beaches are not for me.

July has been a lovely mix of sunshine, thunder storms and visits from friends and though there are no more scheduled visits for July I am sure the lovely summer will continue.

I go to the beach quite often, certainly a lot more than I did when I lived in England and almost as often as I did when I lived in Sydney, Barcelona has so many beaches and on Sunday I was persuaded to go to the gay beach, Mar Bella playa, which is a little further away from the centre and a world away from Seaburn beach where I spent many a childhood summer. It is mixed in so many ways, young old, fat, thin, gym toned and deep fat fried, gay and straight. There are areas which seem to be dedicated to these different groups.

We sat on the edge of the area populated with the beautiful people, they looked too beautiful and critical for our liking. I was sat between a group of German nudists and a Spanish man who had so many piercings that he looked like a small scrapyard, personally it wasn't a pretty sight. Usually when people have that much metal in them they have been in a serious accident and they metal is there to help bones heal. This man, Señor Metalico, looked like he had fallen asleep in the piercing shop and the piercer had decided to be mean. I've never been to a nudist beach before and it was not for me. I know I am uptight but there are things I don't want to see whilst relaxing on the beach and I think there are things I don't need to see. However, I did spend a nice afternoon with a friend from Bolivia and his friend from France and I am happy to say they didn't go nude and they also felt a touch uncomfortable with some of the sights. I have no photos to post with this entry, I felt it rude to take photos on the nudist beach.
I walked home from the beach and was a lovely shade of brown and the sand seemed to be everywhere. Summer is fun!

Barcelona, July7 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been a long long time - Boston and New York 2022

Goodbye Cooperative Bank, it was nice knowing you

Funerals and birthdays - June 2024