I love Eurovision but......

I have watched Eurovision for as long as I can remember, I can recall sitting on a sofa at my grandparents house watching it and I certainly remember "Save All Your Kisses For me", the winner in 1976. I have probably watched it every year since but it certainly has changed. Maybe my memory has been kind to Eurovision but I don't ever recall it being so bad and so political? There was certainly a huge change once the former Soviet Union and its client states entered. Some of them, like the Baltics, are Scandinavian in their outlook and fit right in but others seem more middle eastern/asian than European, and don't get me started on Israel.

The Swedes did a good job at presenting and hosting and the reviews have been good but if we want to win again, we need to send something fun, up-beat and borderline cheesy, surely we can do that?

And here is one of my all time favourite, classic Eurovision songs!


The lyrics are light and happy and memorable.

And this is the song that really should have won last night?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been a long long time - Boston and New York 2022

Goodbye Cooperative Bank, it was nice knowing you

Funerals and birthdays - June 2024